Sunday, June 19, 2016

Author Interview #2 - Kelly Martin

I am so excited because guess what today is? Interview day again!! And guess who we have with us today? Give up? Another author friend of mine, Kelly Martin!


Kelly is the author of the Heartless series (come back later in the week for my review of Heartless - book #1 in the series). Today, however, we are celebrating the release of book #3 - Breathless! Kelly is even having a Facebook release party tonight from 6-8pm Central Time!

Anyway, let's move on to the interview, shall we?

This is probably my favorite question to ask authors because the answers are always so diverse . . . Kelly, what made you decide to be an author? Or did you always know that you wanted to be one? 
I've always loved telling stories. I remember in 6th grade, my favorite thing was making up stories from 10 of our spelling words. It made my week. As I got older, I wrote fanfiction (yup) and then in 2011, I decided to try to make my own worlds, and I've been doing it ever since.

Of the books you've written so far, the characters you've created, and the worlds you've built, which are your favorites? Which book was the most fun to write? 
I don't have a favorite. I love them all in different ways. Betraying Ever After was the hardest I've ever written. Heartless was the easiest (strangely). Hindsight #1 (Out of the Blue) was my most fun to write I think. Just because it was so different. Favorite character . . . hmm . . . wow, I have a lot of them. I don't think I can think of just one. Hart from Heartless is the most surprising, I think.

I have to confess Hart is one of my favorites. Certainly not at the beginning of the first book but now, definitely! 

Anyway, moving on. Who are your author role models? 
Oh gosh. There are so many! Denise Grover Swank is one. I saw her speak at utopiaCon last year. She did awesome. A lot of my friends are authors and I look up to them so much!

On that note, do you have a favorite go-to that you always read? 
Probably Madeleine Roux. I love the Asylum series.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us before we wrap up?
Until June 30th, Heartless and Soulless are only 99 cents!! And thank you so much for having me on your blog! I truly appreciate it. And thank you to everyone reading this :)

This was so much fun! Thank you, Kelly, for joining us today! I can't wait until your release party this evening :) A couple hours of book chat, giveaways and so much fun!

Kelly will be our Feature this week so don't forget to stop back and see the review of Heartless and a few extra goodies :)

Stop by and say hi to Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment